MatBoss is a rapidly-growing sports tech company seeking a full time Frontend Software Engineer to help maintain our current products as well as help in developing new ones.
Location: Minneapolis, MN or Remote
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
MatBoss was developed to satisfy some of the most arduous and time-consuming challenges in the sport of wrestling. With the advent of the system, the company’s goal was to offer an all-inclusive tool to aid coaches in creating more successful wrestlers and, ultimately, more successful wrestling teams. Today, MatBoss is the leader in video and statistics integration and is changing the face and intelligence of the sport thanks to its founding team of passionate, experienced wrestling fanatics.
Targeted directly at the sport of wrestling at college, high school, and youth levels, our system integrates video and stats recording into one simple mobile app completely eliminating the need for traditional paper scorebooks and antiquated “camcorders” for capturing match video. The result is rich competition video that includes statistical data points embedded in the video files saving wrestling coaches hundreds of hours and providing them intelligence never seen in the sport before.
Check out our 2-minute demo video to learn more about how the system works: http://www.matboss.com
We are seeking a Frontend Software Engineer with a focus on React & Typescript experience to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining web applications and software solutions.
This is an opportunity to join a technology company that is paving the way for sports video and statistics integration.
- Design, develop, and maintain web applications.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Collaborate with other developers to create high-quality, scalable, and maintainable solutions
- Ensure software quality through testing, code reviews, and maintenance
- Work with the product team to understand end-user requirements and translate them into functional solutions
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in web development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of experience with modern front-end web development.
- Experience with front-end layout frameworks such as Tailwind CSS or Bootstrap
- Familiarity with the LEMP (Linux, Nginx, MySQL, PHP) stack
- Familiarity with cloud services and tools such as Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes and Docker
- Strong understanding of software development best practices, including Agile methodologies, software design patterns, and automated testing
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate with others
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A dynamic and challenging work environment
- A supportive and collaborative team culture
If you are a self-motivated, results-driven developer with a passion for developing innovative solutions, we want to hear from you! Please apply by emailing your resume, cover letter, and portfolio of your work to: email@example.com
MatBoss is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.