MatBoss is a rapidly-growing sports tech company seeking a full-time Associate Software Engineer/Technical Support Engineer to aid our customer support team by building out our customer support tools and performing any needed customer support tasks. During the off season this role will act as more of a full-time Software Engineer and will work with the development team on new products and initiatives.
This is an opportunity to join a technology company that is paving the way for sports video and statistics integration.
Targeted directly at the sport of wrestling at college, high school, and youth levels, our system integrates video and stats recording into one simple mobile app completely eliminating the need for traditional paper scorebooks and antiquated “camcorders” for capturing match video. The result is rich competition video that includes statistical data points embedded in the video files saving wrestling coaches hundreds of hours and providing them intelligence never seen in the sport before.
Check out our quick demo video to learn more about how the system works:
The responsibilities of this role will include but may not be limited to:
- Respond to customer inquiries and assist in troubleshooting and resolving challenges.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Developing new user-facing features using React & React Native.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Working closely with other developers, designers, and stakeholders to improve the MatBoss system.
This is a lean and quickly-moving technology company. You may be asked to wear many different hats and assist with a variety of functions and activities including customer support, software development, systems maintenance and product design.
- Thorough understanding of React and its core principles.
- Experience with popular React workflows (such as Redux, Redux Toolkit, and React Native).
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git.
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Compensation will be determined based on qualifications.
- Associate Level
- Remote or at our Downtown Minneapolis Office - While we are a Minneapolis-based company, many of our team members split time between the MatBoss office and remote. The ideal candidate for this position must be self-motivated and willing to work remotely.
MatBoss was developed to satisfy some of the most arduous and time-consuming challenges in the sport of wrestling. With the advent of the system, the company’s goal was to offer an all-inclusive tool to aid coaches in creating more successful wrestlers and, ultimately, more successful wrestling teams. Today, MatBoss is the leader in video and statistics integration and is changing the face and intelligence of the sport thanks to its founding team of passionate, experienced wrestling fanatics.
Email your resume and brief explanation of your interest in and fit for this position to: